Saturday, October 4, 2014

30 for 30!

So, last month I celebrated my 30th Birthday, I honestly cant believe I'm already 30 seriously where has the time gone. Anyone who recently turn 30 understands what I'm talking about, seems like just yesterday I was filling out my college class schedule and now all of a sudden I'm the big 3-0, geesh time truly waits for no one! I had a wonderful b-day my babe surprised me with a lovely dinner, all my close friends and family were there, it was a really special night for me. Anyway there are so many things that I want to do this year, and so many places I want to explore, so I promised myself that I would do 30 things I've never done before. I kicked off my 30 for 30 plan with a Pole Dancing class during my birthday weekend, a few of my close friends and I attended a 2 hour intense if I might add Pole Dancing class at Dance Studio X here in RVA, our instructor was great and it truly was a amazing workout. I swear for about 3 days my body was super sore, I could barely lift my arms but I love feeling the burn after a good workout, so I really want to incorporate a Pole Dancing class into my workout regimen even if its just once or twice a month. Here's a few pics from the class, for my first time on the pole I didn't do bad I was even was able to pull myself all the way up to the top of the pole, I did that about 3 or 4 times just because I was so shocked that I could actually do it. Your looking at a girl who couldn't do a pull up in school so the fact that I pulled myself up the pole was a small defeat in my eyes. I'll be taking you guys on the journey with me so stay turned to BarclayINC to keep up with my 30 for 30 plans, next up on the list is Salsa Dancing! If any of my readers have been Salsa Dancing please leave me a comment with any tips or pointers, I cant wait to share my experiences with you all!






In my head I was a pro, in reality I need a little more practice!


Finally got to wear my pink platforms for the first time, perfect shoes for Pole Dancing glad I found some use for them!







2 comments:

  1. Such an awesome and encouraging woman! Pole Dancing huh? Hmmmm, I think I'll skip that one. Looking forward to your next venture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Love, I really appreciate that! I will say pole dancing was quite the workout, salsa dancing should be a lot less strenuous :)

    ReplyDelete