Friday, April 24, 2015

Dress for Success: Red Carpet Runway Recap

I had the pleasure of attending the Dress for Success: Red Carpet Runway fashion show last Friday, it's an annual fashion presented by the organization to help raise money and bring awareness to the cause. This was my second year attending the show and instead of attending as a blogger, I was actually one of the judges on the panel this year along with Clovia Lawrence from 105.7 Kiss FM, Tara Hawkins from Style Weekly, Troy Michel with The CW Network, and Angela Patton from Camp Diva. It was such an honor to meet these ladies and be on the judges panel with them. Every time I attend a Dress for Success event I end up networking with lots of influential women from right here in Richmond, its always nice to meet people who are passionate about what they do! The Dress for Success team including Jonathan Copeland, Shantell Malachi, Melissa Ross and so many other amazing people put on an excellent show every year; and for such a great cause! If you're not already familiar with the Dress for Success mission, it's to assist disadvantaged women by providing them with professional attire, career development, and a network of support to help them have a smooth transition back into the work place! This organization has helped so many disadvantaged women right here in the Richmond area, and you can help too by donating your gently used suits, dresses, and shoes along with volunteering your time. Visit dfscentralvirginia.org for more information on how you can assist this wondering organization. Being that I was a judge on the panel, I didn't have my camera in tow as I usually do, but I still managed to snap a few pics!







Myself along with the other lovely judges!









No comments:

Post a Comment