Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Local Eats: Conch Republic

So, this past Sunday I was in the mood for some good food but something different then my usual salmon or pasta dishes that I seem to gravitate towards anytime I eat out. With Richmond having a ton of restaurants its never an easy choice, but after researching a few places and checking out a couple of menus I decided on Conch Republic. I noticed that their menu had a nice variety of seafood inspired dishes and a wide variety of foods, and once I saw the Shrimp Po' Boy I was basically sold. I swear I've been craving a Shrimp Po' Boy since my visit a few summers ago to New Orleans. Conch Republic did not disappoint the ambiance was super laid back and its decor will definitely put you in the mindset of Key West. The floor to ceiling windows which appear to fully open on warmer days give you the perfect view of the James River. Richmond has such a lovely water front, I love visiting little places in RVA that really make use of how beautiful and scenic this city is! Back to Conch Republic the prices were great I think my sandwich was around 13/ 14 bucks, it was super fresh, my shrimp were fried to perfection and the service was good! I'll definitely be seeing more of this place especially once the weather warms up a bit.



Shrimp Po' Boy



RVA
The cold and gloomy weather wasn't keeping me away from some good food!



2 comments: