Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cooper's Hawk Winery and Restaurant

My girls and I were in desperate need of a ladies night, so I decided to put one together this past Saturday. I decided on Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant which is new to the Richmond area, I've heard nothing but great things about them in the 2 months that they've been open so why not give it a shot! We had a great time to say the least, we were there for at least 3 hours, we literally left as they were beginning to close up, which we really didn't notice because we were all engaged in some great convo. I swear I love surrounding myself with positive women, true go-getters, and people that inspire me! Anyway, I loved the overall feel of the space, upon entering the restaurant I noticed a nice large bar where you could do wine tasting (I'll be back soon to do an official wine tasting), they also had a little area for carry out dessert, in addition to huge I mean huge bottles of wine and wine glasses available for purchase. I'm talking the "Olivia Pope" wine glass! So, after scaling over the menu for what seemed like an eternity (I mean it makes it hard to choose one wine when there's such a large variety to choose from) I decided to go with the Flights. The Flights included 4 different wines, I believe the waitress said there was about 1.5 ounces in each glass, I'm so happy I decided to go with this because it gave me the opportunity to taste several different wines. Out of the 4, I must say my favorite was the Blanc de Blanc which was a sparkling white wine, the house wine Cooper's Hawk White wasn't bad either. The food menu was just as vast as the wine menu, there was a nice selection of appetizers and entrees to choose from, I decided to go with the tilipia sandwich which was delicious, and filling I left with a to-go box and ended up eating the rest of it for brunch the next day. I'm definitely looking forward to my next visit to Cooper's Hawk, so glad this chain decided to come to RVA! If you're a wine lover give this place a try for sure, thank me later!




Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant


No comments:

Post a Comment