Wednesday, November 5, 2014

My Pescatarian Diet: You are what you eat!

Many moons ago I decided to stop eating meat, it truly was a combination of things including the horrible stomach pains I would get after consuming certain meats, the knowledge I gained from taking a Health and Nutrition class, the in depth look Food INC gave me as too what process most animals go through before making it to the dinner table. No one thing is to attribute with the decision for me to stop eating meat, my diet now consist of veggies, fruits, and various types of seafood. The saying you are what you eat couldn't be more fitting, after ridding my diet of toxic low vibration foods I began to feel more energized, my hair starting growing like a weed, stomach cramping and pain after eating stopped, and that heavy feeling most of us know as the "itis" is none existent. When you tell people you don't eat meat, one of two things comes to mind the first is they think you don't eat anything, the second is they think you don't eat good, or that you're always hungry, neither of which is true. The Pescatarian diet leaves you open to a wide variety of meals/ recipes I mean who wouldn't want to eat salmon, lobster, and shrimp all week, honestly I feel bad for folks who don't eat like that on a regular basis. I wouldn't know what to do without my weekly dosage of Omega 3 that I get from my salmon dishes, or all the protein my body gets from the different variations of seafood I consume throughout the week. Now I wont lie this diet is not cheap but well worth it, if you spend money on anything it might as well be on the food you put in your body. I've seen people wear the most expensive clothes but yet eat the cheapest unhealthiest food out there, when it should really be the other way around, don't cheat your body, besides you only get one. There's so many bonuses to the Pescatarian diet one being that  hair is made of protein so of course following a Pescatarian diet will help to ensure that your hair and nails get what they need to continue to grow and be healthy. Also, lets not forget all the Omega 3 fats that are found in oily fish like salmon, Omega 3 provides oils that keep your hair and scalp hydrated. Cutting meat out of my diet was the best thing I could've done for my body, I don't miss it at all, even if you have no intentions of becoming a Pescatarian I challenge  you to reduce your meat intake throughout the week, incorporate more seafood and veggies and after a few weeks your body will feel different, it takes time to rid all the toxins out of your body but believe me you will begin to feel more energized and "light" in  a sense. Everyone seems to be on a healthy kick lately, I mean seriously I cant even scroll through my IG timeline without seeing  #cleaneating,  #teamhealthy, or some other hashtag in reference to healthy living. Which is great I just hope its not a fad, and that people are really taking the necessary steps to live a healthy lifestyle and not just doing it for the gram!




Be good to your body, we only get one. You can eat healthy without depriving yourself of tasty food!






No comments:

Post a Comment