Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Current 2014

So, as some of you know I attended Raw:natural born artist / Current 2014 showcase last Thursday at The Hippodrome right here in RVA. It was a great event, I got a chance to meet some super dope artist, listened to some live entertainment (which was very eccentric to say the least), enjoyed a few cocktails and got a chance to catch up with a good friend of mine who was also in attendance! I know you all get sick of me saying this but I cant stress enough how important it is to support local events like this, by attending you not only support the artist but the venue as well, which we definitely need to see more of in Richmond! I truly was blown away by some of the pieces that were showcased during Current 2014, most of the artist were from RVA, they were young and full of creativity which was easily displayed through their pieces. I talked to several artist who blew me away when they informed me that they had only been painting for a few years! One of my favorite artist of the evening was Addie Rawr of Art and Ambition, her pieces caught my eye the second I walked into the venue! Her paintings were so colorful, bright, and full of life as you can see from the pics I captured below which truly do her pieces no justice! Hoping they bring Current back to Richmond next year and the event continues to grow!



Paintings by: Addie Rawr of Art and Ambition


Dopeness!


Instagram: @AddieRawrrr


Instagram: @blockzart


Paintings by: Brandon Mabry of BlockzsArt




An artist named Yemi did this piece she's orginally from Chicago, her paintings were amazing and she was super sweet! 


Painting by: Yemi 
Instagram:@tequil3sunrise




RAW:natural born artist











No comments:

Post a Comment