Friday, November 14, 2014

Shrimp Kabobs

I want to make sure I start sharing some of my Pescatarian dishes with you guys, just so you can get a glimpse into the variety of delicious meals that are out there, if you're currently or considering transitioning into a Pescatarian diet. I know over the past few years its popularity has really been on the rise with so many people starting to eat healthy, and becoming aware of the foods they put in their bodies, and since I've been one for so long I decided I might as well start incorporating a bit of my diet regimen into the blog. So a few nights ago, I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to eat for dinner I typically eat lots of salmon, and pasta throughout the week but had a taste for something different. Of course my babe being the great chef that he is, threw shrimp kabobs out there immediately I was thinking great choice, its something that I never really think to make especially during the cooler months when I don't have access to a grill. Of course I have my little George Foreman, but I hate the way that thing cooks food, I could never get it to cook anything evenly. Anyway we used one red, green, and yellow pepper, along with a red onion and about a half of pound of medium sized shrimp, sliced up all the veggies and placed everything on the skewers. We both love Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce, so of course we poured a dash on top, and stuck them in the oven on 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. They were delish I made a little wild rice to go with it, it turned out to be a great healthy meal. I'm a huge fan of colorful foods and my plate was full of color that night with the variety of veggies we used. We ended up making more shrimp kabobs a few days later and cut up some fresh pineapple slices to add into the mix, this is a meal that doesn't take longer than 30 minutes to make with minimal clean-up, perfect for busy week days and healthy! #cleaneating #pescatarian





Healthy, colorful, delicious meal all in one!






No comments:

Post a Comment