Monday, March 17, 2014

The Forgotten Ones...

How many pieces of clothing do you have in your closet that you just don't wear? I asked myself this question after recently reading an article somewhere that stated that most women only utilize about 30% of their closets! Shocking numbers if you ask me, I mean of course we can be emotional shoppers, along with spur of the moment shoppers, along with I'm going out Friday night and need a new outfit type of shoppers, but really we're only wearing 30% of the items we've bought! So my goal this weekend was to go through my closet and pull out all the pieces I had with price tags still on them, along with pieces that had simply just been forgotten about and shoved to the back of my closet! I'm so glad I did this before I went on my Spring/ Summer mini haul, because to my surprise I found a ton of great pieces that I bought and just never wore before, along with items that I only wore once or twice. I pulled all my newly found pieces to the front of my closet, that way I could see them and begin to incorporate them into my Spring/ Summer wardrobe. Here is a small portion of some of the hidden treasures I found in my closet, stay tuned to see how I style these items and give them a fresh, fun, and modern look!



Marciano by Guess? This top is a decade old I remember I bought it the summer after high-school graduation! 


Urban Outfitters purchased last Summer never worn!


Urban Outfitters I bought this piece to wear to my sisters surprise party and never wore it again, that was 3 Summers ago..


BEBE Sandals worn a few times purchased 3 summers ago..


I love wedge heels!


Love these I purchased them 2 Summers ago from LuLu's.com, and wore them for an hour one night and threw them in the back of the closet, completely forgot I had them!


These remind me of candy, so bright and fun!


Prabal Gurung purchased these last Spring but only wore them twice, I noticed a lot of bloggers wearing these in the winter. More power to them sandals and cold temps just don't mix.



Forever21 sweetheart cut dress, purchased 4 summers ago and wore once to a Chris Rock Comedy Show.


I love the cut and detailing on this dress, hanging on the hanger does it no justice it fits perfectly, very snug at the waist and creates a nice silhouette!


Vintage and never worn before, this was gifted to me about 5 years ago!


The details and sequins on this skirt are amazing!


Just amazing!


Thirfted vintage skirt, I love how flowy and light this piece is!


I also love the tiered hemline!


Love this piece I purchased from ASOS last Spring as I was gearing up to go to Jamaica, I never wore it as I stayed in a bikini for most of the trip!


Love the back detailing on this pieces, so glad I came across it--it was still folded up in the bag it was ship to me in..smh


Love this Vintage dress I purchased last Summer, at Fan Tastic Thrift in RVA


Love the way the front of this dress drapes super low but yet doesnt reveal anything its super sexy, it just falls over my body ever so nicely. another piece that looks better on than hanging on the hanger!





 Ladies, what forgotten items do you have thrown in the back of the closet, take some time to look you'll be surprised at what you find!























No comments:

Post a Comment