Friday, March 7, 2014

Art Works RVA!

So yesterday while I was out and about a friend and I decided to stop by Art Works, I was looking for a space to hold an upcoming event I'm having and wanted to see what they had to offer. Art Works is a super cute art gallery in RVA that local and upcoming artist host events and also display their pieces at, I love galleries like this that really put a big emphasis on supporting local talent! I love the fact that so many different types of art are displayed throughout the galleries its not just limited to paintings, as we strolled through the place we saw everything including clothing, jewelry, and some very unique life size pieces. A lot of upcoming artist rent out space within Art Works to actually do some of their paintings or whatever their actual craft is. Its such a refreshing space, and its always nice to see the creativity of another individual, I find it to be rather inspiring! Anyone who lives in or is from RVA knows that this is a small city, yet there are so many hidden gems throughout it that I feel people just don't take advantage of. Richmond is filled with tons of great galleries, museums, and unique eateries! The art scene here has really taken off over the past few years, with the emergence of social media, its a lot easier to stay in the know as to whats going on in the city. To all my RVA residents please make sure to go out and support local events and artist so that we can continue to build upon something that's refreshing and creative in this city! (I didn't bring my camera but I was able to get a few pics with my good old Iphone).




I absolutely love this piece, this artist has a studio within Art Works, I didn't write the name of the Artist down but I will definitely make sure I do the next time I'm there!


Such a beautiful piece!







If you're in the RVA area stop by Art Works and check out some amazing pieces!

Art Works 
320 Hull Street 
Richmond, VA 23224








No comments:

Post a Comment