Monday, March 10, 2014

Kelis does Coveteur!

Any one who knows me knows that I've been a huge fan of Kelis since she first popped on the scene in 99'! I was instantly mesmerized by her appearance, I mean lets think for a second if we go back 15 years nobody looked or dressed like this woman. Her bright colorful curly hair, her eccentric style of dress, the eclectic sound of her music just captured me immediately. She is truly like a breath of fresh air to me, I always say that everything your favorite artist is doing she has already done, she may not get credit for it but please believe this woman has done it all!! From rockin' gold fronts, to wearing bright rain-bowed colored lipstick over a decade ago, it amazes me that somehow Kelis always seems to be light years ahead of the rest of us! She has inspired me for years to think outside the box, be original, and be myself when it comes to my personal style! I was excited when I heard talks about Kelis being in Coveteur this month, and even more blown away when I heard her album FOOD would also be coming out this year! Not sure if any of you got a chance to watch her cooking show Saucy and Sweet on the Cooking Channel a few weeks ago, but she looks fly even while cooking, I mean shes just effortlessly DOPE on every level! So moving along to this amazing Coveteur shoot which captures the very essence of Kelis' uniqueness, and also gave us a sneak peak into her amazing home! Everything I imagined her home to be it was plus so much more, and not to mention her closet is sick I mean its filled with sequins, bright colors, and unique fabrics I would truly be like a kid in a candy store in her closet. This was such a tease I really feel like I need an hour long MTV Cribs special showing this woman's amazing home, I just cant get enough!





This closet is truly a wonderland!










For all my fellow naturals a little peak into Kelis' product stash!




No comments:

Post a Comment