Monday, May 5, 2014

My looks from RVA Fashion Week!

So, as you most likely already know if you're one of my regular readers, or you follow my Instagram I had the honor on being on board this year as one of RVA Fashion Week's badged bloggers. This gave me VIP access to all of the events that were being held all week long. Unfortunately with my busy schedule I wasn't able to attend my first event until Friday night, which was the Designer Showcase which was held at a new venue called The Broadberry! The energy in that room was absolutely amazing the show including designs from Chilalay, Abigail Mpofu, and lots of other wonderful local designers! When I arrived to the venue the line was already halfway down the sidewalk, so I knew this was going to be a pretty dope evening! I had access to a lovely VIP lounge that was lined with white sofas, I sat down for a few minutes but with a good DJ, drinks, and a room full of energetic souls I ended up standing for most of the night. My look for that night was something fun and light I ended up going with my leopard dress and faux leather vest, which I actually wore to VA Fashion Week last year. Yes, I'm definitely a repeat offender, I mean why buy something if your only going to wear it once or twice, its so funny because I have friends that are like "I cant wear that again I've already posted pictures on Insta with me in this outfit", I am definitely not that girl! If anything I love showing how to create various looks utilizing the same pieces. So, anyway I paired it with my Timbs, which were perfect being that I was on my feet all night. I went with a bit more dressier looks for that other events I attended over the weekend which were the Boutique Fashion Show, which was held at The National and the City Skyline Trunk Show at City Hall Observation Deck. On Saturday night I went with my white crochet H&M dress, wooden cut- out LuLu's platforms, and my favorite yellow clutch from Anne Taylor, and on Sunday I decided to go with my vintage yellow beaded top I purchased from Fan Tastic Thrift, high-waisted pip- lined black pants from H&M, and my ASOS heels! Here are some amazing shoots captured my my good friend and photographer David Lowell!



Designer Showcase at The Broadberry




Boutique Showcase at The National




As soon as I walked up to the venue I saw my Dress Twin and fellow blogger from River City Uprising! She looked so pretty and was really sweet so of course we had to take some pics together!


My bracelet was actually hooked on to my dress at this point lol!


Excuse my wind blown expression its super windy atop 20 stories, I did the best I could : )


I ended up running into an old co worker/ friend of mine whom I've known for many years and fell in love with her super edgy cut!


This is when I actually took advantage of the wind per the direction of my friend/ photographer it made for some really dope shots. 


Stay tuned for more to come on my experiences at RVAFW coming later this week, have a wonderful week folks!














No comments:

Post a Comment