Sunday, November 10, 2013

NJ/ NYC Weekend!

Last weekend I took a little family trip to New Jersey, I'm originally from Jersey so a lot of my family is still there. A few of my friends were headed up North to head to NYC the same weekend; so it worked out perfectly, I spent time with the fam during the day and then linked up in NYC with my friends later in the evening. The fam and I spent some time walking around Time Square, of course it was super busy and there was no time to really stop and take good pictures with everyone moving a mile a minute around you! Once I linked up with my friends things slowed down of course we moved away from the touristy areas and headed to more low key parts of town like Chelsea and Harlem. I got to visit a few thrift stores while I was there, I really wish I would've taken more pictures, but I was so over pulling my camera out by this point! I got a chance to visit Sylvia’s Restaurant on 125th st. in Harlem, after being out all day I had definitely worked up an appetite. Being a pescatarian I was really pleased with the seafood selections they had, I ordered the catch of the day which was Tilapia and paired it with some mac & cheese and yams. The food was delish this was truly the best meal that I've had in awhile! If you're ever in Harlem and want some good eats Sylvia's is the spot! Here are a few pics of what I was able to capture throughout the day with my camera and a few I took with my phone which was more accessible at times, enjoy!











The bakeries in the RVA dont even compare to the bakeries up North!


Yum!












Of course I had to get a slice of pizza!


All of a sudden it started pouring outside, that didn't stop us!






Nightlights!



Sylvia's Restaurant!




me and sissy before heading out for the day!




3 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Stacey! I was hoping you would be able to answer a quick question I have about your blog! I'm Heather and my email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you!! Keep up the good work hun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much lady, that really means a lot to me : )

      Delete