Monday, September 9, 2013

My Birthday Weekend!

My birthday is actual tomorrow September 10th, but of course I had to start celebrating this past weekend. I kicked things off Saturday with a wonderful birthday dinner at Water Coastal Kitchen (formerly the Water Grill) in Carytown. It turned out to be the perfect spot to host my dinner. The ambiance was great, my dinner was held in the loft area of the restaurant, which was a bit separated from the rest of the place, so it really felt very private and intimate! Sunday I decided I wanted to do a bday brunch at a cute little spot called Sweet Teas, which just recently opened here in Richmond, the food was delicious! I spent the whole weekend eating some great food and enjoying the company of some great people. I've realized as I get older how important it is to have good people and energy around me, and I must say I've truly been blessed with some wonderful friends! I left my camera home, as I didnt want to start celebrating too much and lose track of it, but here are a few random moments that were captured throughout the weekend!



My go to H&M Faux Leather Vest, ASOS dress, and LuLu's Wooden Cut Out Platforms
Thrifted Necklace



My Chicas
(the theme was not black & white although it looks like it)



Sweet Teas
Fried Fish (of course I had to use a little Texas Pete on it) Yams, and Mac & Cheese



Carytown Cupcakes
One of the best cupcake shops in RVA












2 comments:

  1. So lovely!! I love that you paired this fierce dress with an edgy leather vest!!

    Veloria in Velvet
    www.veloriainvelvet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've worn my leahter vest with so many different pieces it really completes the look : )

      Delete